Sportsmail reported on Saturday that the Catalans are keen on landing the Spain forward in January and he is open to exploring a move after limited starts prior to his foot injury.
Barca chief executive Ferran Reverter and director of football Mateu Alemany visited City’s base last week.© Provided by Daily Mail (
And vice president, Rafael Yuste, said yesterday that Barca have held talks about the 21-year-old with the Premier League champions.
‘Ferran is a great player and we are working with discretion,’ said Yuste. ‘We have friends at Manchester City and there is good relationship.
‘Ferran Reverter has paid a courtesy call.’
Torres has 16 goals in 43 appearances after City paid Valencia almost £21million last year and he would be expected to cost more than double that if he were to depart.
Source : https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sports/football/barcelona-pursue-january-move-for-man-city-star-ferran-torres/ar-AARgZoe300